Accord Sync is installed with a base set of mappings to integrate the core set of QuickBooks Online objects with Salesforce. These pre-configured mappings are meant to be a baseline for your implementation of the QuickBooks Online and Salesforce Integration, and you should plan to update the mappings to support your organization’s goals and processes.
Ahead of setting up and configuring Accord Sync, review the following list of considerations to prepare for your configurations. This will help you and your team streamline the setup:
- Define which types of data from QuickBooks will be integrated with Salesforce and which direction the data will be sent.
- Select your data types: Customers, Products, Invoices, Payments and/or Credit Memos.
- For each data type determine the direction that data will flow between the systems: Salesforce to QuickBooks, QuickBooks to Salesforce, or bi-directional.
- For each data type determine the matching Salesforce object that will be the source or destination for the data.
- Determine what data will be transmitted between QuickBooks Online and Salesforce in real-time and what data will be transmitted in batch.
- For each Salesforce Object that is being transmitted in real-time to QuickBooks determine the criteria and rules for when the system should send the data to QuickBooks.
- For data that will be sent in batch determine the filters that should be applied, how often updates should be sent and the order that data is sent between the systems.
We recommend that most integrations between Salesforce and QuickBooks Online be setup as real-time integrations leveraging the power of the Salesforce platform to define exactly how and when your data should be synced. However, there are times that batch integration should be used, so Accord Sync has been developed to support a hybrid — that is, you can have some objects integrated in real-time and others based on a schedule.
Initial Setup and Sync
Once you have defined your plan for integrating QuickBooks Online with Salesforce you can begin the process of mapping how your data will mapped between the systems and run an initial sync.
- Configure Salesforce Objects & Page Layouts
Setup the Salesforce objects that will be integrated with QuickBooks Online to have the right data fields and components for your team to manage your integration between QuickBooks Online and Salesforce.
- Configure QuickBooks/Salesforce Object Mappings
Define the field-level mappings and direction for each QuickBooks object that will be integrated with Salesforce.
- Configure Custom Fields (optional)
Set up custom fields (up to 3) utilized in QuickBooks to be used as fields that can be synced in Salesforce.
- Configure Multiple Mapping Configurations for QuickBooks Object (optional)
To use different field mappings on certain records that are being synced by setting up filters.
- Run an Initial Sync
After the objects are mapped run an initial sync to load your baseline data between QuickBooks Online and Salesforce.
Setup the Ongoing Integration
Once your baseline data has been synced between the systems you will define how records will be synced between Salesforce and QuickBooks on an ongoing basis by setting up either real-time processes or scheduled jobs — or, a hybrid of the two.
- Setup Real-Time Integration from Salesforce to QuickBooks Online
For each object that will be integrated with QuickBooks Online in real-time setup a process that triggers an action to send the record from Salesforce to QuickBooks.
- Setup Integration for Records Deleted in Salesforce (optional)
For each object that will be integrated with QuickBooks Online with deleting allowed set up a flow that triggers an action to delete the associated record in QuickBooks.
- Schedule Batch Integration(s)
Schedule the jobs for each object integrations that will be sent from QuickBooks to Salesforce or Salesforce to QuickBooks in batch.
- Configure Sync Integrity Validation (optional)
Add an extra layer of reliability that regularly monitors the integrity of synced records by checking for recent changes to QuickBooks Objects.
Here is some more information about the QuickBooks Objects that are supported by Accord and the fields that are available through the QBO API.